To win a £100 Amazon voucher all you have to do is name 15 cities from around the World? Name them and share the post with friends. To enter, either input your answers to the comments box below, add them to the post on facebook, tweet @logcabinhols the answers or email us at the address below. Once we have 10,000 shares we will choose a winner at random.
1. Economic growth and urban sprawl: Compare these pics of many years ago of this famous city!
2. When oil money = massive economic expansion, Dubai transforms from a small fishing village to an ultra-modern urban metropolis.
3. From British colony to thriving Chinese mecca of modernity: See how this place has changed over the years.
4. Vintage vs today: see how the Indonesian capital has transformed from a sleepy Southeast Asian city to one of the region’s hubs for festivals, tourism, fashion, and nightlife.
5. Before the Petronas Twin Towers – the tallest buildings in the world from 1998 – 2004, and officially the tallest twin towers in the world and one of the most famous icons of its rapid development.
6. Plenty of yacht parking. Stunning before and after pics.
7. There’s nothing quite like this skyline and it keeps growing. Check out these before and after pics and see how America’s home to the stars has changed over the years.
8. These historical images of the city that never sleeps show the ways that New York has changed in the last century. Manhattan without the Brooklyn Bridge is unbelievable!
9. It took nearly 40 years to build, but the Tyne Bridge stands proud. See the construction in action – you won’t believe your eyes!
10. Once called “Paris of the West,” San Francisco endured a devastating 7.8 earthquake in 1906, followed by horrific fires. The city has been an inspiration for everyone from Mark Twain and Jack Kerouac to Janis Joplin and Jimi Hendrix. Today it’s home to America’s largest technology sector, as well as musicians, poets, and artists.
11. Here’s some evidence of the massive scale of the economic boom in China. Before and after, 1990 compared to 2010. Shocking.
12. This city in China is yet another example of how much change a vibrant economy can bring. This so-called Special Economic Zone (where the trade laws are different from the rest of the country) have attracted billions in foreign investments, and the city continues to grow. It has even been dubbed one of the best skylines in the world.
13. With its famous harbour bridge being one of this cities best experiences – climb up, and you’ll see this Australian city stretching for miles. Here’s what it looked like before it was completed.
14. It has always been crowded. The difference between now and many years ago? When they ran out of flat space to build, they added more floors: It is officially home to 42 skyscrapers!
15. It sits on 118 islands and is home to 416 bridges and 177 canals – it’s the perfect place to wander for a day. Check out these vintage postcards of la città dell’amore – the city of love!
If you can name 10 of these 15 cities from around the world then you could be in with a chance to win a £100 Amazon voucher. All you have to do is name 10 of the cities correctly and share the post on any of the social media icons below. Once the sahres hit 10,000 a winner will be selected at random. We have even helped out with a few!
If you want to email your entires please do so to [email protected], please let us know how you shared the post.